Is your child experiencing any of the following?
- Academic Problems in reading, writing, mathematics
- Other learning problems including specific learning processing deficits and/or delayed development
- Difficulty focusing and/or concentrating
- Emotional symptoms including anxiety, sadness, anger, depression, etc. that interfere with learning
- A lack of motivation
- Medical issues that cause learning problems
- Over sensitivities that interfere with learning
- A lack of planning and organization
- Poor social skills that interfere with learning
- Behavior problems at home and/or school
If so, contact us using the contact form to set up an intake appointment.
We ALWAYS offer an initial 1-hour intake appointment for all new clients before any therapy or testing takes place. Please visit this page for more in-depth information about what happens before and during an intake meeting.
We offer evaluations (also called psychological testing) for the following:
- Cognitive and academic domains
- Social and emotional
- ADHD, Specific Learning Disabilities (e.g. dyslexia, dysgraphia), developmental delays, anxiety and depression screeners, post-partum screening for moms, gifted assessments, twice-exceptional screening
Please visit this page for a more thorough, in-depth explanation of what an evaluation involves and how the process flows.
Not sure if you’re ready for ongoing therapy?
At the AAC, we know that counseling can seem like an endless commitment. To help, we’ve put together a limited-session package to introduce you and your family to the counseling process.
What is the Jumpstart Program?
The Jumpstart Program is designed to help families acclimate to receiving counseling services without the pressure of a long-term commitment upfront.
It is a single payment at a discounted rate, which includes three, one-hour sessions and a 30-minute feedback/ check in to assess growth, fit, and the willingness to continue services. Contact us to learn more about Jumpstart counseling.
If you already have a diagnosis, or if you are looking for a therapist, we offer counseling & therapy as well.
Please visit this page for more information on what therapy and counseling involves. We offer counseling and therapy for the following:
- Parent skill building- adjustment difficulties, emotional regulation
- Anxiety, depression, 2E students, Adolescent issues
Already have an evaluation/ diagnosis for your child?
We can help guide you through the 504/ accommodation planning process and be your advocate during case conferences. Please visit this page for more information about how we help with IEP/504 advocacy.
For more information concerning assessments and counseling, please complete a contact form.