High School Seniors – Applying for College
Senior year is when we take all that the student has accomplished and compile it into applications for admissions and scholarships. Beginning as early as summer before senior year, we:
- Finalize a “brag sheet” into an application-ready set of information.
- Complete the many essays (varies depending on list) the student will need for their applications.
- Request letters of recommendation.
- Finalize college list (or the beginning of one if we haven’t been working with the student up until this point).
- Create a detailed application schedule and complete it.
- Create an application schedule based on the needs of the student (their activity load and admissions strategy). We work with the student and family to make decisions about which schools will be applied to during the various admissions cycle (Early Decision, Early Action, Regular Decision, etc).
- Provide information regarding: Auditions, portfolio reviews, tryouts, early admission to certain programs and more will be considered during this time.
- Discuss the role of merit scholarships/institutional scholarships as appropriate.
- Make final attempts to improve college entrance exam (SAT/ACT) through strategic test prep and recommendations.
- Consider the possibility of Test Optional Schools.
- Discuss financial aid as appropriate.
Please complete the contact form if you want more information about getting help with the college admissions application process for your rising high school senior.